Irving Howbert Elementary School Mission
Our Vision is to become positive and productive members of society as well as lifelong learners. We will assist students in becoming the same.
Our Mission is to become an excellent school based on the philosophy that we learn best in our environment that includes:
- Strong, standards-based instructional programs that are designed to meet the needs of the learner.
- A variety of interventions on the basis of student need and staff expertise.
- An emphasis on high expectations for student achievement and personal character to ensure academic success.
- Opportunities to develop character, tradition, pride, personal responsibility, self-control, respect and cooperation.
- A collaborative partnership among students, staff, families and community members.
Our Values: Pride, Achievement, Family, Children, Community, Tradition, & Change.
At Howbert, our long history and tradition of providing a high quality educational experience for our students continues today within our classrooms and school community.
Our Howbert Mission provides our students with;
· High academic and behavioral/character expectations
· A well-rounded educational experience
· A high quality professional team
· Parent/guardian and community involvement
· A results driven culture that focuses on continuous improvement
Our professional staff also imbeds technology throughout the student's learning experiences so that our students can learn how technology can be utilized for communication, research, problem-solving and information gathering.
Through the involvement and support of our active and supportive Parent Teacher Association, School Accountability Committee, our numerous volunteers from our Howbert neighborhood and our community based partnerships; we work collectively to increase the overall academic growth and social development of each student within our learning environment and our Howbert community.
As part of the Howbert tradition, we continue to be a community and neighborhood school: our current parents, guardians, aunts, uncles, community members and some of our very own Hobwert professional staff have attended Howbert Elementary School as students and now have their own children or family members attending Howbert.
Please feel free to contact us at 719-328-4200 to set up a school visit or to find out how you can become a more involved partner in the success of our students at Howbert.